Food is a precious gift from Mother Earth. Bless the food with joy and gratitude before you eat. Take time for a prayer of gratitude to Heaven for creating life, to the Earth for growing the food, and to humans for preparing it and keeping life flowing in you.
Mindful eating will help you enjoy your food more, and digest it more healthily:
- When you eat, chew well with a peaceful mind
- Focus on taking in the blessed energy of the food as well as the nutrients
- Close your eyes (or look down your nose) and feel the chewing
- Chew over 30 times before you swallow
- As you swallow, sense the food entering your lower abdomen (the center of your body)
As you eat and breathe, remember the energy of the Earth and of Heaven becoming integrated as one within you.
Feel grateful for life and consider how to use your energy to repay the blessings of Heaven and Earth, and benefit the World and Humanity.